Take part in one of our exciting team building days, and allow your staff to join together to learn and experience adaptive sport at its finest! Your team will support an individual or group of individuals with disabilities, providing the chance to build awareness of different abilities as well creating relationships with new people & learning more about the work of Rocky Mountain Adaptive. Your group will not only get to experience a memorable day in the beautiful outdoors, but will also enjoy taking part in good work for the community. If you have a particular idea about what your group would like to do and how they can help, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
Summer Team Building Opportunities
- TrailRider Hike: hike to a peak or viewpoint, while enabling an individual with a mobility impairment to access the hiking trail. Prior to the hike, the group will be taught how to use and guide a TrailRider (shown above). Your staff should be comfortable hiking for a long distance ( 3hrs +) with some incline. Hikes generally take place in Lake Louise, Banff, or Kananaskis.
- White Water Rafting Trip: take an exciting trip on the Kanaskis River, while helping a group of individuals with cognitive or mobility needs feel the freedom of a white water experience. Provide support as needed while on the river. A rafting trip may also be combined with a morning hike or adaptive equipment try out session. Staff should be comfortable being on the Class 2 River and able to swim.
Winter Team Building Opportunities
- Ski & Snowboarding Days: learn how to help an individual or group of individuals who uses a sit ski or other skiing aids explore and experience the mountain at Sunshine Village in Banff. and the option to take part in an on snow scavenger hunt plus the chance to try out adaptive equipment. Staff should be at least a blue runner level skier or snowboarder and have their own equipment. Lift tickets will be provided.
- Snowshoeing Adventures, assisting a group of individuals with mobility or cognitive impairments to enjoy a day out in the mountains. The team will venture out on a snowy trail and stop for lunch in a scenic/convenient location. Staff should be comfortable using snowshoes and hiking for more than 2 hours, as well as being able to provide support to others as needed. Training will be given prior to the snowshoe hike.
Team Building Days with Rocky Mountain Adaptive are customised to your size of group. The cost per group size is as follows:
- 0-10 Staff: $1,500
- 10-20 Staff: $2,000
- 20-30 Staff: $2,500
- 30-40 Staff: $3,000
- Please contact for groups sizes larger than 40ppl
A Past Adventure – Mission St Piran
Lorinda shares her appreciation of a team building adventure on this 13k hike, while seated in a a TrailRider.
“I’ve been meaning to send a email to thank team RMA and the awesome Worley Parsons crew for making Saturday an epic adventure! I’ve been looking at all the pictures and still can’t believe you guys carried me to the top of a mountain!
It’s very hard to go hiking with the whole wheelchair thing so the fact that you guys made it happen means so much and I will never ever forget that view! That day means so much more to me know because it takes the effort of so many for me get to see a view like that and I hope you guys realize how special and much I appreciate you all for making it happen! I loved every second! BIG thanks to the tactical team you are the real MVP’s carrying me over all the obstacles that popped up along the trail and everyone else that joined and pushed, pulled me along! It was so great to get to know you all and I really hope we can have more adventures in the future!
Thank you so so much, I’m so lucky to have met you all! ”