We are hiring: adaptive Ski & Snowboard Instructors for the 2017/2018 Winter season.
Part Time: 1-3 days per week for a minimum of 10 weeks, from January 6 – March 18, 2018. 10 weeks covers the length of time of our annual Ski & Ride Program, but there is also the possibility of continued occasional work after this time.
$13.60-$15 per hour, commensurate with experience
Sunshine Ski & Snowboard Resort, Banff, AB
The RMA Ski & Ride Program is a ski and snowboard program for individuals with a disABILITY. It runs for consecutive weekends from January 6/7 – March 17/18, 2018, (skipping Family day weekend). Qualified instructors may commit to working Saturdays, Sundays or both (1 Thursday and 1 Friday position also available). Instructors will be paired with 1 student from 10am – 12pm and 1 student from 12:30 – 2:30pm. The working day is from 8:45am – 2:45pm.
- A minimum of CSIA 1/CASI 1 or international equivalent (CADS certification is adequate for instructors with a disability)
- Valid working visa for all non resident candidates
- Take part in morning training sessions prior to teaching lessons
- Be prepared to teach students of varying abilities including physical, cognitive or developmental challenges.
- Provide lessons which are paced to individual needs
- Engage with family of adaptive guest and provide positive updates on their progress
- Read and research disability info to aid teaching
- Complete weekly written lesson assessments
- Complete monthly timesheets
- Keep RMA shed neat and organised
- Adhere to instructions of Winter Program Coordinator
- A part time, paid contract with Rocky Mountain Adaptive, working 6 hours per shift
- Full training provided relative to the individuals that you will be working with
- Adaptive Training Sessions
- Adaptive Specific Training, Mono Ski, Bi Ski, 4 and 3 track, VI, Intellectual etc
- Sunshine Village Season Pass
- Opportunities for additional shifts above your contracted 1 or 2 days per week
- Opportunities for CSIA Training
- Opportunities for CADS Training and Certification
- Opportunity for future summer & winter employment opportunities with RMA
September – November 30, 2017. Short listed candidates will be contacted by December 30, 2017.