What is a Sit Ski?
A sit ski consists of a moulded seat (bucket) mounted to a frame above 1 or 2 skis. A shock absorber links the frame to the ski(s). There are 2 types of these sit ski: a bi-ski, which has 2 short skis underneath and which is great for beginners who need more stability underneath, or a mono-ski, with 1 ski underneath, used by beginners to advanced sit skiers.
Our Sit Skis
The following Downhill Sit Skis are available to rent:
- Freedom Factory Revolution Pro Comp Adult Mono Ski Suitable for Beginner to Intermediate Sit Skiers
- Freedom Factory Revolution Pro Comp Child Mono Ski Suitable for Beginner to Intermediate Sit Skiers
- HOC Groove Adult Mono Ski Suitable for Beginner to Advanced Sit Skiers
- HOC Edge Adult Sit Ski Suitable for Intermediate to Advanced Sit Skiers Only
- HOC Nissin Adult Mono Ski Suitable for Intermediate to Advanced Sit Skiers Only
- Bi Skis available by special request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other Sit Skis
The following Cross Country Sit Skis are available to rent:
- Cross Country Sit Ski Suitable for Adults and youth aged around 15 year +, this sit ski is better suited for individuals with lower level injuries due to its type of seat support and is available through Trail Sports (contact Trail Sports for more information and to reserve – $20/2 hrs, $25 per day).
- Cross Country Skis that may accommodate individuals with varying disabilities and age range (including full quadriplegia) are available from Cross Country Alberta. Contact Sport Manager, Mike Neary at email@example.com to find out more.
Sit Ski Features
- Easy user friendly loading mechanism
- Light weight and strong
- Suspension compliance
- Shock compression system
- Adjustable seat position
- Adjustable footrest position
Who Can Rent Our Sit Skis?
Our sit skis are available to individuals with individuals with physical limitations who are unable to stand up ski. They are not available to able bodied individuals.
Our sit skis may be rented by individuals who are able to load a chairlift safely and independently, and ski a green run independently. Beginners looking to practice their sit ski skills are recommended to take lessons with us. First time users of our sit skis will need to complete a 30 min – 1 hour orientation at a cost of $20. This one off orientation will explain correct usage and safety features of the sit ski, and also make sure that it is fitted correctly to the user.
Where Can I Take the Sit Ski?
Our sit skis can be used on green, blue & black runs at Sunshine Village.
$25/day, or Punch Passes available in the following amounts: $200/10 days, $300/20 days. (Punch Passes may be used for all summer and winter rental equipment).
Cancellation & Weather Policy
Cancellation notice must be received a minimum of 48 hours prior to the activity date in order to qualify for a full refund (minus a 10% processing fee). Refunds will be processed within 48 hours after the request has been received. Bookings cancelled within 48 hours of the activity date will not receive a refund. Bookings with RMA are not cancelled and refunded due to inclement weather. RMA reserves the right to cancel a program or lesson due to a forecast of extreme cold (below -30) or heavy rain. In this case, a rescheduled date will be arranged. For all cancellations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org